The oil and gas processing industry faces many challenges, and handling heat buildup and heat retention is one of the most common. Every facility—including upgrading facilities, downstream refineries, and product development plants—has heat issues that need to be controlled:
- Employee safety. Working around heated processing equipment can be dangerous through direct contact, elevated temperatures at the worksite, and potential malfunctions caused by built-up heat.
- Energy loss. When processing systems lose heat too quickly, more heat has to be introduced into the system. Additional energy is also spent to cool the surrounding environment.
- External conditions. Temperature variations around the equipment—especially from exposure to the elements—can impede performance.
ThermoWrap Insulation Blankets
Firwin’s ThermoWrap insulation blankets are designed to help petrochemical, oil and gas, and industrial facilities meet these heat-related issues head on.. Each blanket is custom manufactured to precisely wrap around the components needing insulation, including fitting around complex upstream equipment configurations..As opposed to permanent insulation, Firwin ThermoWrap insulation blankets are removable, to allow easy access to components for maintenance and repair. The blankets can then be re-installed, without the mess, wastage, and additional labor that comes with permanent insulation.
The advantages of ThermoWrap removable insulation blankets include:
- Protecting employees from hot pipes and heat buildup within an enclosed plant.
- Helping oil and gas processing systems maintain consistent temperatures and performance by insulating the parts against heat, cold, and potential chemical or moisture damage.
- Can be customized to fit around complex upstream equipment configurations.
Typical components that are covered include:
- Instrument panels
- Vessels and tanks
ThermoWrap insulation blankets are designed with durable materials for optimal performance and heat retention characteristics that last for years of active use.
Our services are built on reliable performance and quality assurance. Our ThermoWrap jackets and insulation blankets are manufactured in our ISO 9001:2015-certified facilities. Firwin is also a certified energy appraiser and UL2200 certified.