At Firwin, we take pride in the performance and longevity of our removable insulation blankets. We manufacture all of our products to withstand the toughest and most challenging environments, be it hundreds of feet underground or on the roughest seas. In order to make sure our insulation jackets maintain peak performance, it helps to follow a few easy care tips.
- Firwin’s fastening systems are extremely strong, but it is important to avoid excess force when installing your insulation blankets.
- It isn’t always easy, but for the best service, keep your blankets as clean as possible.
- Promptly remove or clean off all chemicals that cause deterioration of aluminum or silicone coatings.
- Avoid oil saturation; this will render your blanket’s “non-combustible” characteristics ineffective. You will then need to replace the covers.
- Treat blankets like all parts of the engine and inspect them regularly.
- Last but not least, always take care not to cut or damage the outer protective cover fabrics. It helps to limit the usage of sharp instruments around all insulation blankets.
If you follow all of these steps, you can automatically increase the lifespan of your removable insulation blankets. If you have more blanket care questions, please contact one of our insulation blanket experts today!
Comments are closed